Pfitzner Furniture values its customers and respects their privacy. Accordingly, Pfitzner Furniture, as part of its business practices, voluntarily adopts the practices established by the Privacy Act 1988 and the National Privacy Principles in relation to the collection and use of customer information.
1. Pfitzner Furniture will only collect personal information about you if it is necessary for one or more of the following purposes:
- For the purposes of running our operations
- For the purposes of management
2. Pfitzner furniture will obtain your express consent before collecting personal information about you.
3. When collecting personal information, Pfitzner furniture will make you aware of the following:
- The fact that you are able to gain access to the information
- The purposes for which the information is collected
- Any organisations to which the information is usually disclosed
- Any law that requires the particular information to be collected
- The main consequences if all or part of the information is not provided
4. Where it is practical and reasonable to do so, Pfitzner Furniture will collect personal information about you, directly from you.
A circumstance where we may collect information about you from another person would be, for instance, from your spouse at the same time s/he is providing information to us about her/him.
5. Pfitzner Furniture will only collect information in a manner that is fair and lawful.
Use and Disclosure
6. Pfitzner Furniture will only use your personal information for the following primary purposes:
- For the purposes of running our operations; and
- For the purposes of management
7. Pfitzner Furniture will only use your personal information for another purpose, the secondary purpose, in the following circumstances:
- Where the secondary purpose is related to the primary purpose and you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose the information for the secondary purpose;
- Where you have consented to the disclosure;
- Where the information is for the purposes of direct marketing and the following conditions are met:
(a) The information is not sensitive information; and
(b) It is impracticable for us to seek your consent before the use; and
(c) You have not made a request to us not to receive direct marketing communications; and
(d) In each of the direct marketing communications, we draw to your attention your right to express a wish not to receive any further direct marketing communications.
- Where the use or disclosure is required or authorised by or under the law including where there are reasonable grounds to suspect unlawful activity.
8. Pfitzner Furniture will establish and maintain practices and procedures to ensure that the personal information it collects, uses or discloses is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
9. Pfitzner Furniture will establish and maintain practices and procedures to personal information about you from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
10. Pfitzner Furniture will establish and maintain practices and procedures to destroy or de-identify personal information about you if it is no longer required by us.
11. Pfitzner Furniture, upon request by a person, will provide that person with this policy to enable the person to determine, generally:
- What information we hold and for what purposes
- How we collect, hold, use and disclose that information.
12. If requested by you, Pfitzner Furniture will provide you with access to your personal information except to any of the following extent:
- Providing access would have an unreasonable impact upon the privacy of other individuals;
- The request for access if frivolous or vexatious;
- Providing access would be unlawful or prejudice anticipated or existing legal proceedings including the investigation of possible unlawful activities;
- Providing access would prejudice any negotiations with you;
- Providing access would reveal commercially sensitive information.
13. Where a request for information is denied, Pfitzner Furniture will provide you with reasons for that denial.
14. Where Pfitzner Furniture becomes aware information about you is not accurate, complete or up-to-date, we will take reasonable steps to correct the information so that it is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
15. Wherever it is lawful and practicable, Pfitzner Furniture will provide you with the option of not identifying yourself when entering a transaction with us.
16. Pfitzner Furniture will not collect sensitive information about you unless:
- You have consented to the information being collected; or
- The collection is required by law
Personal Information – Information or an opinion about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion.
Sensitive Information – Information about an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, membership of a professional or trade association, membership of a trade union, sexual preferences or practices, criminal record or health information.
Pfitzner Furniture will establish and maintain a procedure (the “complaints procedure”) whereby you may lodge complaints in relation to our privacy policies and practices.
The Complaints Procedure will be as follows:
- Complaints should be made to the Privacy Officer. If you wish, you may make a complaint anonymously;
- The Privacy Officer will investigate all complaints and maintain a record of the complaint;
- Where appropriate, and as usual practice, the Privacy Officer will provide a written response to your complaint;
- The Privacy Officer will undertake reasonable steps to rectify any areas of concern arising out of a complaint;
- Where you feel inadequate consideration has been given to your complaint, you should formally contact the managing director in writing.
A Privacy Officer will be appointed with the view of having overall responsibility for privacy matters.
The Privacy Officer will have the following specific tasks:
- To be the main point of contact for all privacy matters;
- To handle complaints in relation to privacy matters.